Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3 is now shipping! Get the best price at Amazon.com. Upgrade for about 95 bucks and get free shipping too!
Get the boxed version of Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3 - for Windows or Mac – now from Amazon with free shipping.
If you’re an academic, it’s even cheaper: the Student & Teacher Edition is only $69.00!
Compare prices at Adorama Camera too. These two companies are constantly trying to under price each other, so prices change often.
[NOTE: Prices updated 7/29/2011]
Can’t Wait? Get Lightroom 3 Today
If you’re in a hurry and want to get started with Lightroom 3 today, here’s the trick:
- Order Lightroom from Amazon or Adorama. (Use any of the links in this article and you’ll help support PhotoCitizen. Thanks.)
- Download the free 30-day trail version of Lightroom 3 directly from Adobe
- Install the trial version and use it until your software arrives.
- When your package arrives from Amazon, open the box to find the serial number but don’t bother removing the disc
- Start the trial version of Lightroom 3 on your computer and add the serial number from your Amazon purchase. Look for Lightroom Registration under the Help menu.
Now you have a fully-licensed version of Lightroom 3 and you didn’t have to wait for the UPS man. It’s the best of both worlds: quick and cheap!
What’s So Great About Lightroom 3?
If you haven’t discovered Lightroom yet, I suggest you get the trial version immediately. Every photographer should have it. Once you’ve used Lightroom 3 for a while, you’ll be hooked. I’ve written other articles about Lightroom 3 and you can find them here.
For now, here are the high points:
Manage your images in Lightroom’s Library Module:
- Import new photos from your camera directly into Lightroom.
- Edit your shoot: quickly separate the picks from the rejects and color code them or give them star ratings.
- Add captions, keywords and tons of other information from within Lightroom.
- Organize your images into folders or collections which are groups of similar photos of your choosing. They don’t even have to be t in the same folder on your hard drive.
Process your images in Lightroom’s Develop Module:
- Process raw, jpeg or other image types.
- Crop, color correct, remove dust spots: all the tools we photographers need are there.
- Unless you like to do composites or cut things out of an image, you’ll find you rarely use Photoshop CS5 anymore. But if you need it, Lightroom and Photoshop CS5 works seamlessly with each other.
Share your images in Lightroom’s Slideshow, Print and Web modules or Lightroom 3’s new Publishing Services:
- Create a quick slideshow with music that can now be saved as a video suitable for playing on any computer or for uploading to YouTube and the like.
- Print single images or use custom templates to print multiple images on a page. You can now easily create your own templates, too.
- Choose from dozens of templates to upload a professional-looking gallery of images directly to your website.
- With Lightroom 3’s new Publishing Services, you can upload directly to Flickr and Facebook. Look for other online photo-sharing sites to make their service available soon.
Yes, you can do most of these things in other programs such as Adobe Bridge. I’ve use a bunch of them, so trust me on this: Lightroom does it better.
Learn About Lightroom 3
There’s a lot more to Lightroom 3, so download the trial version today. I’ll be writing more about Lightroom soon, so subscribe to PhotoCitizen (it’s free) and have new articles sent directly to you in whatever form you choose: email, news feed, etc.
|Best Prices From Amazon.com on
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3!
|Click here for the Upgrade at Amazon.com||Click here for the full version at Amazon.com|