Lightroom keeps getting better. And cheaper too! You can upgrade to Adobe Lightroom 4 today directly from Adobe for only $79! It’s worth every penny.
Ready to buy? Click here to try or buy Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 from Adobe.com. Upgrade from Lightroom 3 or earlier for only $79. The full version is only $149. Or download the free 30-day trial. Any purchases you make through this link help keep the free information flowing here at PhotoCitizen. Thanks.
New Features in Lightroom 4
I’ll be writing a more in-depth article about Lightroom 4 soon, so check back in a few days. Or, if you don’t want to miss it, click here to subscribe to PhotoCitizen. It’s free!
Here are the new features in a nutshell:
- Video Editing – playback video withing Lightroom 4. You can also do simple video trimming within Lightroom and apply any of Lightroom’s exposure and color controls to video as easily as photos.
- New Map Module – Lightroom 4 reads GPS data and displays it on a Google map. Or easily add GPS to images.
- New Book Module – Create a book (with text) withing Lightroom 4 and upload the finished product to Blurb.
- Improved Develop Module process
- Folders panel improvements – now you can move as many folders at a time as you want. (In Lightroom 3, you could only move one folder at at time.)
- Powerful new Shadow & Highlight controls
- Additional local adjustments including Noise Reduction and White Balance – brush in noise reduction or white balance changes only where you need them.
- Soft-proofing improvements
- Email from directly within Lightroom – finally, export to email actually opens your default email program and attaches the selected images.
- Publish videos directly to Facebook or Flickr
- Enhanced DNG workflow
- Support for more new cameras and lenses
Whatever you do, get Lightroom 4 today. You’ll like it.