The new policy went into effect on June 1st. Prior to that date, returns had to be made within 15 days.
Return Policy Benefits
Photo gear is expensive, so most of us spend hours researching a purchase to make sure we get the right camera, lens or accessories. There are plenty of reputable camera review sites on the web, but even the most careful examination by a reviewer isn’t going to cover everything you need to know.
The only way to be sure a piece of gear is right for you is to get your hands on it. Use it in the field for a few weeks and you’ll soon find its strengths and its faults. Now with the 30-day return policy becoming more common, we can give our new gear a real test before we decide whether to keep it.
How It Works
B&H makes returns easy. Log into your account and you’ll be able to view a list of recent orders. Orders still eligible for return will include a link to “Request a return.” Click the link to open the “RMA Request” window.
Here, you can mark items to return and choose a return reason. One of the reasons offered is “Change of mind.” If you’ve tried some equipment and it simply doesn’t work for you, that’s the one to choose.
Once you get your RMA number, pack your item per B&H’s specifications and send it in. You’ll get your refund in 7-10 business days. You have the option to choose and exchange or store credit instead of a refund, if you prefer.
In rare cases, you might be charged a 15% re-stocking fee. You pay for return shipping. Still, that’s a small price to pay to try out a $1000 camera.
Rules for Returns
- All returned or exchanged items must be in new condition, in their original box, and must include all packing material, blank warranty cards, manuals, and all accessories.
- Items with timers must show less than 120 minutes of use. Items with shutter counters must show less than 200 exposures.
- B&H is not responsible for personal data or items left in returned merchandise.
- Defective items may be repaired or exchanged at our discretion for the same model or manufacturer’s equivalent model.
- RMA numbers are valid for 10 days.
- B&H is not responsible for any consequential or incidental damage resulting from the sale or use of any merchandise bought from us. We are responsible for the monetary value of the merchandise only.
Almost every piece of camera gear is covered by the new return policy. There are a few items in other departments that aren’t covered:
- TVs, combos and monitors 37″ and larger once opened
- All consumable items (e.g., film, tapes, paper, bulbs, CD, DVDs, etc.) once unwrapped
- Computers, Software and Hardware once unwrapped
- Any computers built or modified by B&H to customer’s specifications
- Special Order merchandise
- Underwater equipment that has been submerged
- Educational tapes and books once unwrapped
- B&H Gift Cards are redeemable for merchandise only and may not be redeemed for cash.
Shop B&H Photo
I’ve been buying from B&H for years and I highly recommend them. Their prices are almost always the lowest and their customer service is excellent. Check them out at BHPhotoVideo.com.